Less carbon, more carvin'.
For a group that seems so in touch with nature, it can be a little uncomfortable to realize how dependent surfers are on petroleum-based neoprene wetsuits. In its quest to create a wetsuit that's significantly less harmful to the environment, but still highly functional, Patagonia came up with the Men's R1 Lite Yulex Front-Zip Long-Sleeve Spring Suit. This warm water suit utilizes materials that make it more sustainable without compromising performance.
Unlike most petroleum-based neoprenes, Patagonia's Yulex rubber is derived from natural sources that have been certified by the Forest Stewardship Council and the Rainforest Alliance. In order to earn certification from these two organizations, Yulex rubber is harvested in a way that doesn't contribute to deforestation and maintains the ecological functions and integrity of the forest, and it enhances the social and economic well-being of forest workers and the surrounding communities. Of course, none of this means anything if the quality isn't up to par, which is why each wetsuit has also been developed and tested to meet Patagonia's rigorous standards for performance, durability, and warmth.
- Light and flexible shorty for warmer waves
- Yulex natural rubber is sustainably harvested
- Recycled lining improves flex and dry time
- Triple GBS seams are tough yet flexible
- Internal taping at high-stress seam points
- Floating asymmetric zipper is easier to get in and out of
- Corrosion-proof Salmi zipper is replaceable
- Patagonia is an innovator in eco-conscious manufacturing
- Item #PAT01WF