Why We Like The Patagonia Powder Bowl Jacket
From powder days at the resort to bluebird conditions touring in the backcountry, Patagonia’s Powder Bowl Jacket is dynamic enough for any day we’re strapped into our shred stick. Waterproof, breathable GORE-TEX is known for its durability in the worst of storms and breathability on days when you’re working up a sweat just sitting on the chairlift. The Powder Bowl’s mesh interior wicks moisture away and regulates body temperature, even when we’re three layers deep, and generous underarm vents dump heat when things warm up.
- Tough shell jacket for skiing or snowboarding
- GORE-TEX fabric is water- and wind-proof for reliable protection
- Breathable fabric and mesh liner transport moisture away
- Zippered underarm vents keep you cool when bootpacking
- Adjustable hood seamlessly fits over your helmet
- Powder skirt is adjustable to keep flying snow out
- Drawcord hem and adjustable cuffs block out cold air
- High collar protects face from cold wind and pelting snow
- Item #PAT02IC
- Responsible Collection
- Bluesign Approved, Certified B-Corp, Recycled/Repurposed
- [membrane/laminate] GORE-TEX (2-layer), [face fabric] 150D 100% recycled polyester, DWR coating
- fully sealed
- Center Back Length
- [x-large] 30.5in
- adjustable, helmet-compatible
- [external] 2 zippered hand, 1 zippered chest, 1 arm, [internal] 1 zippered, 1 drop
- zippered underarm
- Powder Skirt
- Claimed Weight
- 1lb 12.6oz
- skiing, snowboarding
- Manufacturer Warranty
2 based on 1 ratings
What do you think about this product?
ViewSelecting an option will reload the available reviews on the page
November 19, 2021
Terrible fit on new design
- I returned this product before using it
- Size Bought:
- 6' 1"
I am hard pressed to write a bad review for Patagonia, especially for something that actually accommodates my height...but a lot of things about this jacket were just off. I will also mention that I used to have an older version of this same shell that fit great with or without layers. Lets start with my measurements. I am 6'1" about 160lbs. Muscular/curvy build. Usually wear a size 8. Medium/large in garments depending on where it falls in my layering system. I bought this jacket in a size large so I can layer. The torso width is appropriately sized for layering without being too oversized. The arms however go past my fingertips and are SUPER baggy. That could be okay if the wrist adjustments could pull tight enough to stay in place and fit under my gloves but they do not. I'll also add that even with all other parts of my heavyweight layering system the powder skirt is too big and comes down below my butt leaving the powder skirt useless. The straw that broke the camels back was the handwarmer pockets. The bottom of the pocket is positioned about 2'' above the bottom of the jacket hem. So my arms are fully extended to put my hands in the pocket with my fists hanging around my crotch.....and the pocket is barely big enough to fit my hand without gloves on! I am honestly befuddled by this jacket. The material itself is bomber and actually much heavier than I expected which is a perk for me in Washington. The only thing I liked about this jacket is the color (roamer red). Everything else left me fairly annoyed.
Need Expert Advice?
Our Gearheads Can Help