Long day ahead.
You're going to need to be at the trailhead at first light if you're going to make it to the summit and back before sunset, and you're going to want the Patagonia Nine Trails 28L Backpack to haul everything you need for the long day ahead. Sized for a full day in the mountains, this pack features a clever extended U-shaped zipper that access the entire main compartment at once so you don't have to pull everything out to find what you're looking for.
Speaking of the main compartment, it offers enough room for lunch, layers, and a hydration reservoir. A large stretch pocket on the exterior of the pack keeps your rain shell close at hand, and multiple stash pockets keep sunscreen, lip balm, and headlamps in order. Side compression minimizes bulk, and the padded shoulder harness, adjustable sternum strap, and waist belt ensure a stable fit that won't throw you off balance. And to keep your back from getting drenched with sweat on the ascent, Patagonia equipped this pack with a mono-mesh back panel that allows excellent airflow and prevents moisture buildup.
- Perfect pack for a long day in the mountains
- U-shaped zipper allows easy access to main compartment
- Coated Cordura fabric is light, durable, and water-resistant
- Massive stretch exterior pocket for additional storage
- Side compression manages load and increases stability
- Mono-mesh back panel is extremely breathable
- Padded shoulder harness with sternum strap and waist belt
- Multiple stash pockets keep you organized
- Item #PAT02G2
- Q & A
So far so good
I bought it for longer climbs/approaches when I want to travel light. I haven't been able to take it up on any walls yet but on hikes its comfortable and very breathable on the back. The compression straps, bladder hook, and breathable back sold me on this over the Ascentionist.