Micro Puff Storm Jacket
Patagonia bills its new Micro Puff Storm Jacket as a belaying jacket, and while there's no doubt that its durable waterproof shell and game-changing Plumafill insulation can meet the demands of high-alpine ice climbers, it doesn't seem right to pin this ultra-versatile jacket down to just one discipline. When you get down from those frozen peaks and huge ice walls, you can wear this jacket as you storm chase your way from ski resort to ski resort, then rock it for casual warmth on cold nights out in bustling mountain towns. Its do-it-all versatility stems from the ultralight Plumafill insulation. Patagonia spent a decade of testing developing this intuitive insulation, resulting in a synthetic fiber that mimics the structural properties of down in a continuous synthetic insulation material. That means that you've got all the warmth of a down-insulated jacket, with the warm-when-wet performance you need to thrive in unpredictable weather and those times when you're facing humid cold.
Getting wet won't be much of a problem though, not with the lightweight H2No shell giving you dependable waterproof protection from all of the powder dumps and wet mixes that the mountain can throw at you. Whether you're climbing, skiing, or hiking, you'll be totally dry through your whole adventure. The adjustable hood is compatible with an alpine climbing helmet, and features a snug front gasket for a secure fit and protection from the wind. You've got a mini snow skirt for low bulk protection from billowing snow at the resort, and two harness-compatible hand pockets with a highly breathable mesh lining to help them double as cooling vents. The two-way front zipper gives you access to your harness, rope, and belay device, and its slightly oversized fit accommodates plenty of layers underneath.
- A versatile jacket with innovative warmth and waterproof performance
- H2No membrane offers protection from summit snows and heavy mixes
- Plumfill insulation mimics properties of down for ultralight warmth
- Adjustable hood with front gasket fits snugly over an alpine helmet
- Mini snow skirt keeps out wind on the wall and snow at the resort
- Two-way zipper gives you easy access to belay equipment in the cold
- High hand pockets feature breathable mesh lining to double as vents
- Internal drop-in pockets hold gear, gloves, and beanies
- Item #PAT02IL