Micro Puff Storm Jacket
For ultralight warmth and waterproof protection in alpine environments, reach for the Patagonia Micro Puff Storm Jacket and never look back. Combining Patagonia's revolutionary PlumaFill synthetic insulation with a tried and true H2No Performance membrane, this jacket gives you the best of both worlds in the ways of toasty warmth and complete weather protection.
It all starts with PlumaFill. Patagonia developed this innovative insulation to work as a true alternative to down. Most synthetic jackets have a solid sheet of insulation, and although PlumaFill works within that design, it mimics the physical attributes and structure of down, giving you the same level of warmth as down while saving weight and keeping you warm when it gets wet. That shouldn't be a problem with the waterproof and breathable H2No shell this jacket has, but it's nice to have insurance when you're belaying in fickle alpine climates or gearing up for a deep powdery descent.
A helmet-compatible hood offers easy adjustment, and has an attached gasket to cover up possible entry points for cold wind when it's over a helmet or beanie. The hand pockets sit above a waist belt or harness, and have a mesh backing that acts as a built-in vent when you heat up. An elastic snow skirt has you covered on powder days at the mountain, and also works to seal in warmth and eliminate drafts when you're not on deep in the white stuff.
- Innovative insulation meets weather protection with versatile jacket
- H2No shell keeps you shielded from heavy snow and high alpine winds
- PlumaFill insulation mimics the structure of down to trap heat
- With synthetic insulation you've got warm-when-wet performance
- Adjustable hood has an attached gasket to shut out the cold
- Elastic snow skirt keeps out deep snow and cold drafts
- Vented mesh pockets sit above harness and waist belts
- Item #PAT02M0