You manage risk, the jacket manages moisture.
- Shell jacket for backcountry touring
- Waterproof, 3-layer membrane is incredibly breathable
- Mechanical stretch allows the jacket to move with you
- Knit backer manages moisture and moves easily
- Adjustable powder skirt lets you choose your protection level
- Hand pockets are backpack- and harness-friendly
- Item #PAT01Z3
- Q & A
Mobility is Key
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
- Fit: True to size
- Size Bought: Large
- Height: 5'10"
- Weight: 165lbs
For me, some of the most important features in backcountry skiing outerwear is the ability to be extremely mobile, while also staying dry and not overheating.
This jacket captures all of these features. With a stretchy hardshell - this jacket is beyond mobile. I've worn sweatshirts that are more restricting. It not only is extremely stretchy, but its mobile in the right places. I am unrestricted in my motions. This makes climbing ridges, even ice climbing with my skis on my back, much more natural feeling.
Keeps my dry when it start to wet snow out. But it also keeps me dry when i need to tour hard and fast and break a sweat. It's so breathable that i often can throw it on at the beginning of the tour and wont take it off until back at the car. I've never had a jacket be able to handle my sweatiness before, but of course Patagonia dialed this in.
Descent is important - but going up is what may make or break a tour - this jacket is the perfect solution to any tourer's jacket problems.