Addicted to the descent.
You lug gear up mountains through brutal weather conditions for one reason and one reason only—to get the goods on the way down. Built for the backcountry powder seeker, the Patagonia Descensionist 40L Backpack offers out-of-bounds skiers and riders a lightweight, yet full-featured option for hauling all the gear they need for a long day in the backcountry. Recycled nylon fabric provides burly abrasion-resistance and protection from the snow in a lightweight and supple package. A dedicated avy tool pocket keeps your probe and shovel organized and easily accessible. The asymmetrical spindrift collar opens wide for easy packing and closes quickly with a single tug to keep blowing snow out. A roll-top closure compresses smaller loads for shorter tours and opens wide for bigger days. Front straps secure your skis or snowboard when you have to bootpack.
- Lightweight, fully-featured pack for backcountry touring
- Recycled fabrication offers durable abrasion-resistance
- Avy tool pocket allows quick access to rescue gear
- Roll-top access manages smaller loads for hot laps
- Front straps secure skis or snowboard
- Waist belt and compression straps stabilize the load
- Two daisy chains provide multiple lashing options
- Item #PATZ9NM
- Responsible Collection
- Bluesign Approved, Certified B-Corp, Recycled/Repurposed
- [body] 420D 100% recycled nylon [lining] 200D 100% recycled polyester
- 40L (2440cu in)
- breathable back panel
- Shoulder Straps
- adjustable, sternum strap
- Waist Belt
- 1 avy, 1 accessory
- Ski Carry
- A-frame, cross
- Snowboard Carry
- vertical, horizontal
- Ice Axe Carry
- internal, external
- Claimed Weight
- 2lb 13.5oz
- Manufacturer Warranty
What do you think about this product?
ViewSelecting an option will reload the available reviews on the page
Sorry, we don’t currently have any of those types of reviews for this product.
Need Expert Advice?
Our Gearheads Can Help
January 8, 2021