Keep unwanted dirt and burrs away from the interior of your hiking boots or trail running shoes with the Thru Gaiter from Outdoor Research. These gaiters are a thru-hikers dream: they're lightweight, quick-drying, and secure so you can spend more time focused on getting to the peak, and less time fixing and adjusting your gear in the process. You can also forget about cat-like scrapes on your ankles-ripstop nylon protect from gnarly underbrush on trails and shoelace hooks make the transition from gaiters to no gaiters a process you'll never think twice about again.
- Ideal gaiter for thru-hiking and light-and-fast ascents
- Shoelace hooks for security in slick conditions
- Instep strap steadies the gaiter on footwear
- Easily slip on or off in fast-changing conditions
- Ripstop material for overgrown trails and bushwacking
- Item #ODR00UV
- Q & A
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
I use these for hiking in my Solomon Speed cross trail running shoes when there will be a little snow on the trail. They work great! Good fabric keeps the snow out but also keeps them breathable, and moisture free. I wear a size 7 shoe and got a medium and they fit pretty well - a little tight around the claves, but I think if they were any looser they'd fall down around my ankles.