Made for long days on the mountain.
Outdoor Research built the Men's Offchute Pant with the weatherproofing needed to keep you warm and dry when you're riding chairlifts in a snowstorm, along with the stretch and breathability you want when you're earning your turns in the backcountry. The result is a ski pant that works hard during long days on the mountain, whether you're lapping the resort or searching for freshies beyond the gates.
Ventia fabric is stretchy, breathable, quiet, and smooth like a softshell, but withstands gusty conditions and heavy snowfall like a hardshell. A touch of insulation in the seat and knees help you stay warm during long lift rides. Zippered thigh vents keep you from getting drenched with sweat when you're skiing spring corn. And since you should never leave the resort without proper avalanche safety gear (and training), Outdoor Research included a convenient beacon pocket with clip so you can stay prepared without having to deal with your beacon strapped uncomfortably around your chest.
- Softshell comfort with hardshell performance
- Ventia fabric is flexible and breathes well
- Fully taped seams seal out moisture
- Thigh vents dump excess heat
- Avalanche beacon pocket for convenient storage
- Gusseted crotch for uninhibited mobility
- Reinforced scuff guards protect hems
- Stretch-mesh internal gaiter with Power Strap slot
- Item #ODR00HT
- Q & A
Good DWR pants, not 100% waterproof
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
- Fit: True to size
- Size Bought: MD
I've always loved OR stuff, figured I would give these pants a shot. They work really well, even on blower powder days keeping me dry, and the light amount of insulation is a nice touch. I did notice though that they are not completely waterproof, as the seat of the pants was soaking through at the end of a long day sitting on snow covered chair lifts.