Sometimes, deciding to continue with plans on a cloudy day works out fine. Other times, you spend a day (or several) trying to stay optimistic in the face of leaky tents, socked-in summits, and soggy clothes. Though there's no way of knowing exactly which way things will go, you can be prepared for the worst case scenario. Pack the Outdoor Research Women's Helium Pant along with you when the skies are unpredictable, and pull it on quickly over your hiking shorts if things take a turn for the wet and rainy. This waterproof pant will make sure you stay dry through quick passing showers and longer storm systems alike, and it easily stows inside of its own pocket, so you can stash it back in your pack if the skies decide to clear.
- Embrace a rainy weekend outside with this waterproof pant
- Regular fit made to be layered over hiking clothes
- Durable nylon ripstop fabric can handle days on the trail
- Fully sealed 2.5-layer waterproof membrane blocks out rain
- Carabiner loop hangs onto your climbing gear
- Ankle zippers allow you to slip the pant on in a hurry
- Item #ODR00IR
- 2.5-layer 30D nylon ripstop, Pertex Shield membrane
- fully sealed
- 31 in
- 1 rear stow
- Side Zips
- Claimed Weight
- 5.4 oz
- Recommended Use
- hiking & camping
- Manufacturer Warranty
What do you think about this product?
December 26, 2020
- I returned this product before using it
- Runs small
- Size Bought
- 5` 5"
- 134 lbs
I can't speak to their performance yet, but I can speak to their sizing. Having read reviews on this product on other sites, I followed consistent advice to size up. Some reviews said to size up one size, while others said two. I am usually a small (6) in pants, so I ordered the medium pants. When I received them, I noticed that they fit over thin yoga pants, but they were not suitable for going over my quite fitted/not-at-all bulky jeans. I returned the mediums and bought the large.