Trusted design, updated materials.
Outdoor Research isn't one to rest on its laurels, and that's why they updated their Women's Cathode Insulated Hooded Jacket. Winner of the 2014 Gear of the Year for its hybrid design, this season's version features a more wind-resistant mapped fabric on the sides and under the arms, as well as a fully insulated hood to keep you warm on high-altitude belays. The jacket's hybrid mapped construction puts the right fabrics at the right places to ensure you can move freely while staying warm without overheating.
Tough, stretchy, and breathable panels under the arms, across the back, and in the hood optimize movement and breathability and stand up to hard use. Water-resistant PrimaLoft Gold insulation throughout the rest of the jacket insulates without bulk and stays warm even when wet. The jacket easily packs down so you can stuff the whole thing in the left hand pocket, which doubles as a stuff sack. Thanks to the jacket's excellent packability, you can easily carry this jacket with you when you need it on longer excursions or damp days.
- A classic performance jacket with an updated design
- Weather-resistant shell for protection during alpine activities
- Updated side panels made from a more wind-resistant fabric
- New fully insulated hood to keep you warm on chilly days
- Left hand pocket doubles as a stuff sack with carabiner loop
- Elastic drawcord hem seals out chill
- Trim fit leaves room for baselayers without extra bulk
- Item #ODR00I6