Floodlight II Down Jacket
"Water-resistant" and "lightly insulated" don't quite cut it when you're deep in the mountains on intensive winter missions. From backcountry ski tours to mountaineering expeditions, the Outdoor Research Floodlight II Down Jacket will give you both the waterproof protection and reliable warmth you need to take on all challenges in harsh winter conditions. It's built with a Pertex Shield membrane that shuts out moisture from driving snow and protects you from icy blasts of wind, while 650-fill down insulation ensures that you're nice and warm even at freezing cold high-altitude terrain.
Meanwhile, it's got a helmet-compatible, high-visibility hood that'll make it no hassle to stay warm and maintain vision when you're climbing, hiking, skiing, or belaying with a helmet on. Speaking of belaying, the double-separating front zipper helps you keep your jacket mostly zipped while maintaining access to your belay device, and the stretchy Dynamic Reach underarm panels enhance your reach when it's your turn to pull out the ice axes and get to work. And to ensure that the cold won't creep in at any point you've got an adjustable hem and cuffs, while stretch sleeve gaiters with thumbholes provide a comfortable guard against wind and snow.
- Waterproof down jacket for winter missions in the mountains
- Pertex Shield membrane shuts out wet snow and howling winds
- Down insulation keeps you comfortably warm on frigid mountaintops
- Helmet-compatible hood ensures weather protection and visibility
- Double-separating main zipper lets you access your belay device
- Stretchy underarm panels enhance reach on ice-climbing routes
- Thumbhole sleeve gaiters provide a comfortable seal against the cold
- Internal and external pockets offer lots of space for gear storage
- Item #ODR00XK