Select Style & Size
Why We Like The Hydros Spool
We always like to cast lines with the appropriate spool in hand, and that usually means attaching Orvis' Hydros Spool. Its design focuses on minimizing unnecessary material while providing the most ergonomic shape for better palming and drag control.
- Lightweight backup spool because you can never have too many
- Machined aluminum offers a lighter designer with high strength
- Fully sealed drag with carbon and steel lasts longer
- Large arbor means faster backing, line retrieval, and less coiling
- Item #ORVB071
- Drag System
- fully sealed disc
- [Hydros I] 3.1in, [Hydros II] 3.4in, [Hydros III] 3.7in, [Hydros IV] 4in, [Hydros V] 4.25in
- Fly Line Weight
- [Hydros I] 1-3wt, [Hydros II] 3-5wt, [Hydros III] 5-7wt, [Hydros IV] 7-9wt, [Hydros V] 9-11wt
- Recommended Use
- freshwater fishing, saltwater fishing, stillwater fishing
- Manufacturer Warranty
What do you think about this product?
May 20, 2020
Is this Hydros Spool the earlier version 2017-2019 or is this the newer 2020 version?