Fish aren't scared of the rain.
The fish are hungry and biting, so don't put your rod away just because a shower blows in—throw the Orvis Men's Encounter Jacket on over your waders and ride it out instead. The waterproof, breathable 2.5-layer fabric prevents rain from seeping through and blocks out wind so you can hang out in the river until it passes. The minimalist design minimizes the chance of line snagging and the chest pocket is just the right size for a fly box. This jacket compresses easily into a vest or backpack pocket when the rain dies down, and its small size makes it a just-in-case fishing essential.
- Essential backup plan for any day on the water
- 2.5-layer fabric is waterproof, windproof, and breathable
- Jacket packs down easily for convenient storage
- Adjustable cuffs and drawcord waist seal out the elements
- Zippered chest pocket secures sunglasses or fly box
- Item #ORV001T
- Q & A
- Height: 5'3"
- Weight: 115lbs
Solid rain jacket. keeps you dry in a decent rain, but if you're out in a down pour you might get a little soggy.