Why We Like The Westalpen Swisswool Hybrid Jacket
We like zipping the Ortovox Westalpen Swisswool Hybrid Jacket over our baselayers because the alpine adventure is going to be a grand one. This technical fleece is stretchy and moisture-wicking to keep us moving whether we're sweating up a skintrack or climbing alpine rock in the summertime. The exterior is water- and wind-resistant for the light protection we want in a sudden snow flurry. Made of merino wool, the jacket's lining has natural odor control properties and we definitely appreciate on yurt trips.
- Technical fleece for backcountry touring and alpine climbing
- Wind- and water-resistant Swisswool Tec-Stretch shell ensures weather protection
- Merino fleece grid lining wicks moisture and dries quickly
- Merino wool excels at thermal regulation and odor control
- Athletic fit ensures freedom of movement
- Elastic hem seam stays secure under backpacks
- Backpack-compatible chest pocket
- Item #ORTL05B
- [face fabric] 66% polyester, 21% merino wool, 7% nylon, 6% elastane, [panels] 100% nylon, [lining] merino wool
- 75% virgin wool, 25% polylactide
- not sealed
- Center Back Length
- [medium] 25in
- 1 zippered chest
- natural attribute of merino wool
- Claimed Weight
- [medium] 9.5oz
- backcountry skiing, backcountry snowboarding, hiking, mountaineering
- Manufacturer Warranty
- 5 years
5 based on 1 ratings
Fits SmallScreen reader users: the following list provides a visual scale to illustrate the product fit. Please refer to the heading above for the fit type in text.
What do you think about this product?
ViewSelecting an option will reload the available reviews on the page
May 30, 2023
Love this jacket
- I've put it through the wringer
- Size Bought:
- 5' 9"
I wear this as a warm layer for alpine skiing or as an outer layer for XC skiing. It also works for chilly bike rides and runs in the winter. So comfy and the chest pocket is so convenient for a phone.
Need Expert Advice?
Our Gearheads Can Help