Steeper the skinner.
Ortovox developed the Men's Pordoi Hooded Softshell Jacket for backcountry skiers who really get after it. This technical softshell boasts a merino wool lining and Schoeller's C_Change membrane for outstanding temperature regulation. The membrane and lining close their pores in the face of cold temperatures, but open up as soon as you start warming the fabric up on hot and sweaty skinners. Merino wool is also naturally odor-resistant, so the jacket won't smell like you do after a long day in the backcountry.
Hard shells are generally overly protective and restricting when you're backcountry skiing, which is why Orotovox made the Pordoi's softshell out of windproof, water-resistant fabric with a four-way stretch—there's a touch of protection needed for brisk breezes, snow spray, and snowfall, as well as the stretchy performance necessary for skinning and skiing. The Pordoi also features zippers under each arm for ventilated airflow, just in case you get too warm.
- Technical shell developed for difficult backcountry tours
- C_Change membrane adapts to personal body climate for comfort
- Windproof, water-resistant fabrication with four-way stretch
- Merino wool lining offers temperature regulation and odor-resistance
- Zippered underarm ventilation ditches out unwanted warmth
- Thumbholes and adjustments at hood and hem keep snow out
- Item #ORT004I
- Q & A
Lightweight, Protective, Warm
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
Like all Ortovox outerwear and layering pieces, attention is paid to every detail; you can count on top quality, activity targeted performance, and durability. This shell has all of it. Great for touring, underarm zips dump heat quickly too. Ortovox is master at integrating merino wool into their products, including this shell, for warmth, moisture wicking and odor control benefits. You might find it awkward at first that the zipper pulls on the left side but easy to get used to.