Piz Selva Light Pant
For hikers, climbers, and alpinists who want to stay fast and light in the mountains there's the Ortovox Piz Selva Light Pants. They're made with a lightweight yet durable four-way stretch fabric, which gives you just about everything you need in a pair of outdoor pants. You'll be able to move freely in all directions as you climb or scramble up difficult upper-mountain terrain, but won't have to sacrifice durability to get there. These pants are highly scuff and abrasion resistant, so you won't have to worry about them tearing or ripping when you're shimmying up a crack or hiking on overgrown trails. And to top it all off they've got a super-comfortable merino wool waistband that stretches, wicks, and feels ultra soft next-to-skin as you move through the mountains.
- Light and stretchy pants to help hikers and climbers move with ease
- Four-way stretch fabric frees up your movement on challenging climbs
- Abrasion-resistant construction withstands trips to rugged terrain
- Merino waistband wicks moisture to keep you comfortable on warm days
- Zippered thigh pocket keeps maps and gear securely stashed
- DWR coating sheds light rain when drizzly weather passes through
- Shaped knees follow your body to reduce fabric resistance
- Item #ORT00CU
- Q & A
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
- Fit: True to size
- Size Bought: Small
- Height: 5'9"
- Weight: 135lbs
I lived in these pants this spring and got compliments every time I wore them. More than just styling, these pants are super functional and comfortable. I can wear them bouldering or on a mountain jaunt. They are the perfect alpine pant and are made from a durable material that also feels great against the skin.
I sit on the border between small and medium in Ortovox pants but opted to size down in this pant. I'm glad I did because I think the mediums would have been baggy in the waist. I've got long legs so these fit me quite different than the models in the photos but I like the length even though they sit a bit short.