Piz Boe Light Tec Insulated Jacket
Built for rapid ascents, the Ortovox Piz Boe Light Tec Insulated Jacket offers breathable warmth and plenty of flex for backcountry skiers who like to move quick.Wear this lightweight insulating layer on its own during cold and clear ascents, and then layer it under a shell when the weather turns foul. It's filled with blend of Swiss wool and corn-based polyactide insulation for warmth, superior temperature regulation, and efficient moisture transportation. In addition to the durable, lightweight, and windproof Pertex Quantum shell fabric, this jacket is constructed with stretchy Merino Naturetec Light panels for easier motion and flexibility during technical ascents and deep backcountry lines. The finished product is a high-performing, insulating jacket that joins you on heart-pumping pursuits without drenching you in sweat.
- A breathable insulating piece for cold weather high-output pursuits
- Swisswool insulation gives you temperature-regulating warmth
- Stretchy underarm panels enhance movement and breathability
- Pertex Quantum shell is windproof, water-resistant, and durable
- Elastic hood fits under a helmet for coverage and warmth
- Three front pockets are accessible with packs straps and harnesses
- Item #ORT00BJ
- Q & A
Love this jacket!
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
- Fit: True to size
- Size Bought: Medium
Nice athletic fit, not at all bulky, as this is meant to be pack-able. The pictures of the Blue Sea color on BC's website appear to be darker than the jacket really is. I was a little disappointed that is was lighter/brighter, but the color is growing on me. (picture of it next to my Osprey Tropos pack for comparison)
Planning to do more winter activities with it as soon as we have some decent snow, including XC skiing and snowshoeing, in addition to winter hiking.
I'm normally not one to have an integrated hood, but it has come in handy on some blustery winter days already, as well as getting caught in some rain. It's a slick, technical looking jacket that's nice for around-town use as well.