You'll find the Ortovox Men's Col Becchei Softshell Jacket at the crossroads of pinnacle performance and European-infused style. Providing unrestricted mobility and weather-resistant protection, the Col Becchei features a lightweight, stretchy exterior that's extremely windproof, while the merino wool lining not only assures warmth but also wicks moisture to ensure you stay dry during high-output activities—making the Col Becchei ideal for ski touring. Additionally, this jacket is fortified with a DWR treatment that sheds light precipitation, and a slim, articulated fit that ultimately enables a full range of motion. The storm collar and scuba-inspired hood tout a snug fit and are helmet-compatible, so you don't have to compromise warmth for protection or vice versa. Not to mention, should the temperatures begin to heat up, the zippered underarm ventilation enables on-the-go temperature regulation. Wear the Col Becchei as a midlayer in unpredictable and tough conditions, or wear it on its lonesome on warmer spring days.
- A lightweight, weather-resistant midlayer for touring
- Exterior is stretchy and windproof
- DWR treatment offers protection from light precipitation
- Merino wool lining wicks moisture for a dry feel
- Scuba-inspired hood and collar are helmet-compatible
- Underarm ventilation provides temperature regulation
- All pockets are harness and pack friendly
- Slim, articulated fit enables a full range of motion
- Item #ORT004J
- Q & A
Euro Style & Fit!
- Height: 6'1"
- Weight: 180lbs
The Ortovox Col Becchei Softshell jacket is straight from an Chalet in the Alps! The fit is slim with long arms. The collar comes up very high. Note that it has a thin hood that doesn't come through well in the photo.
The styling makes a statement (a good one IMO, but that's a matter of taste).
The material is thin softshell with minimal insulation which is perfect when you're generating a lot of warmth on the uphill, but it's very easy to add layers on top of it if it gets cold.