Select Style & Size
Trunk Bag RC
Designed for those picking up groceries and carrying bulky items on their bike, the Ortlieb Trunk Bag RC replaces your traditional pannier or commuter pack by attaching to a rear-mounted rack. Ortleib's Rack-Lock system attaches to practicably any rear-mounted bike rack on the market, ranging from 2.4 to 6.3 inches across. Ortlieb claims it'll carry up to 22 pounds, so you can use the Trunk Bag RC on bike touring adventures and everyday rides to pick up your groceries.
It's designed to be impervious to heavy downpours and road spray with its waterproof fabric and roll-top closure, meaning your precious items won't become ruined when a passing storm dumps rain with seemingly no notice. There's an external (non-waterproof) pocket for quickly grabbing and stashing essentials like your keys and wallet, plus an internal organizer pocket for safely storing smaller items. And because your daily commute and adventures often extend well past sunset, reflective accents and a tail light attachment ensure you're visible to passing whizzing by on the road.
- Rugged trunk bag for picking up groceries and bike touring
- Waterproof materials with roll-top to keep out the elements
- Rack-Lock system attaches to racks from 2.4 to 6.3in wide
- Safely carries up to 22lbs worth of gear, clothing, and food
- External (non-waterproof) pocket for quickly stashing items
- Internal organizer pocket for storing everyday accessories
- Reflective accents, plus the ability to attach a rear light
- Item #OLB002G
- PU-laminated ripstop nylon
- 12L (732cu in)
- 11.8 x 7.8 x 14.9in
- 1 large main compartment, 1 external, 1 internal accessory
- standard bike rack from 2.4 - 6.3in (60 - 160mm)
- Claimed Weight
- 1lb 13oz
- Recommended Use
- bikepacking, bike touring, commuting
- Manufacturer Warranty
- 5 years
What do you think about this product?
September 2, 2020
Love Ortlieb, bummed about velcro
Love almost all Ortlieb products. Normally the velcro closures are bombproof, but this bag seems to have a lighter weight version. Lost a jacket on a 30 mile gravel ride due to velcro not holding itself together and bag flapping open. Pretty sure it was not operator error, because 1) I learned how to speak velcro years ago, 2) happened two more times on neighborhood cruises. Will be returning this bag and probably replacing it with the zipper Ortlieb. Not deterred from a great company.
April 16, 2020
Hello, Can I use this and the rear panniers at the same time? The description says it replaces traditional panniers so I'm not sure. Thank you