Select style & size:Select options
Take your time.
Last summer you went skydiving in Moab, but this year you've decided on a more relaxing, slow-paced adventure. The largest option in Old Town's Castine touring line, the Castine 145 2018 Kayak is ready for weekends on Lake Tahoe or camping trips down the Green River; at a length of fourteen and a half feet, this touring kayak provides good tracking on open water, and can support larger kayakers, lots of gear, and plenty of adventure.
Perforated cushioning on the ACS2 seat gives you multi-day comfort so you can focus on the peace of spotting osprey or float time with your spouse, and the seat can be adjusted along with foot and thigh braces for a comfortable, in-control ride. The bow and stern hatch provide generous storage for your tent and sleeping bags, and as long as you're sure to secure your gear in dry bags, tight seals on the hatch covers will keep your gear well-protected. A removable slide-track in the cockpit provides day storage, so your birding book and binoculars are never far from hand, and carry handles at the bow and stern make it a piece of cake to move your boat to the campsite after a day on the river.
- Touring kayak for day and weekend trips on lakes, bays or rivers
- Durable construction resists abrasion dragging on and off shore
- Hatch storage provides plenty of space for overnight river trips
- Adjustable seat gives you padded, breathable comfort as you paddle
- Carry handles simplify camp setups and on-land transportation
- Deck rigging rope and bungees provide additional storage points
- Rudder (not included) ready for better steering in windy conditions
- Old Town has created watercraft in Old Town, Maine since 1898
- Item #JOP002Y