Forgo the stir crazy.
Despite the fact that it's your mammalian instinct to hibernate for the winter, cabin fever has taken over and you're about ready to lose your marbles. Thankfully, you've got the trusty Oboz Men's Bridger 8in Insulated BDry Boot by your side to help satiate your need for outdoor exploration and kick that stir-crazy-feeling to the curb.
Designed specifically for winter hiking, this boot features a waterproof nubuck upper that's backed by Oboz's waterproof, breathable BDry membrane. Additionally, to bolster your cold-weather protection, the Bridger is equipped with 200-grams of Thinsulate synthetic insulation which assures low-profile warmth when you need it most. The molded toe cap and heel kick assure extra protection, while the dual-density EVA midsole, TPU chassis, and nylon shank provide stability, shock attenuation, and trek-long support. Not to mention, the tenacious Granite Peak sole features temperature-sensitive rubber for serious traction in otherwise slick situations.
- A warm hiking boot for winter treks
- Nubuck upper is durable, yet flexible when you need it
- BDry membrane is waterproof and breathable
- Thinsulate insulation offers warmth even when wet
- Molded toe cap and heel kick assure protection
- Supportive midsole provides support and comfort
- Tenacious rubber outsole is temperature sensitive for traction
- Item #OBZ000T
- Q & A
Granite Peak Midsole
1. Nylon shank offers added support between heel and forefoot.
2. Dual density EVA midsole provides supportive balanced cushioning.
3. TPU chassis adds protection and torsional stability underfoot.
Granite Peak, Winterized Rubber Outsole
Our quintessential hiking outsole built to be supportive and protective. If youÃ¢ÂÂre tired of feeling rocks and roots underfoot look no further.
The map molded in the bottom of the outsole features Granite Peak, the tallest peak in Montana.
O Fit Thermal Insole
1. Mylare base layer - Reduces heat loss
2. Low density EVA pods - Provides cushioning & comfort
3. High density EVA sculpted arch with the goal of placing the foot in a neutral position
4. Felt wool top layer - Helps keep feet warm & comfortable
5. High density EVA deep heel cup - Provides support and improves natural cushioning
Oboz Bridger 8" Insulated Waterproof
Oboz 8" Bridger, my 1st Oboz
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
- Fit: True to size
- Size Bought: 11M
Comfortable out of the box, but the 1st day wear I felt a break in was inevitable with bruising of the mid foot or arch.
There's good support for the arch especially with the heel cradled in a what feels like a slightly sunken recess.
The boots are lightweight yet feel confident under foot.
A new go to boot for sure.
They are sized perfectly. I wear an 11M in Danner, Vasque most Merrell, Mammut, and these follow suit, and I like the no nonsense lacing aspect. Lacing the toe box is
a different story, not much control there, but the toe box is right for my personal foot.
A very contoured fitted boot I feel.
As for the insulation, put it this way…I would not want to be
caught out below 30ºF. or upper 20's anyway for very long.
In a delivery truck for 3.5 hrs at 20º my toes got very cold,
which turns out to be what I was looking for really.
I didn't want a boot to make me sweat in transitional temperatures.
Also I have to add, that the boot is an 8" boot only by a technicality.
Most of the boot is less than 8" which again, for me was quite fine.
I have boots to deal with the cold of Winter and the depth of snow.
These just aren't them.
So far the grip has been positive, but no snow in our area yet this year.
I will definitely buy another pair of Oboz without insulation for the warmer months.
- Height: 6'0"
- Weight: 165lbs
Picked these up at a local shop because I wanted to try them on. Super comfortable out of the box. I wear Oboz Yellowstones as my daily hiker in size 11.5. Took an 11 in these winter boots. Dark shadow is a great color. Can wait for some snow. Love Oboz boots.