Mod 5 MIPS Helmet
Your head is one of your most valuable assets, so keep it covered in the lightweight Oakley Mod 5 MIPS Helmet when you charge through fresh powder or lap the park. Not only is the Mod 5 stylish, but it also delivers high performance and comfort. A hybrid construction keeps the weight of the helmet down while ear pads and the comfort liner are removable for even less weight or more ventilation on spring days. It is equipped with a Multi-Directional Impact Protection System (MIPS) that enables a relative motion between the head and the helmet for more protection against rotational motion when you take a fall. The helmet fits like a glove with the Boa fit system that easily adjusts with a turn so you don't have any helmet slop when you speed down groomers. Finally, for ventilation and to help reduce goggle fog, the Modular Brim System (MBS) allows warm air to pass from your goggles, through the helmet, then out the top for maximum comfort.
- Weight saving helmet with comfort and style for days on the slopes
- Hybrid shell design lowers weight without impacting performance
- MIPS enables relative motion between head and helmet during impact
- Modular Brim System provides ventilation to help reduce goggle fog
- Liner and ear pads are removable for comfort in warmer weather
- Boa fit system provides an adjustable fit for day-long comfort
- Fidlock magnetic buckle closes easily with mittens or gloves
- Helmet bag included for storage when the helmet is not in use
- Item #OAK01P8
- Q & A
Perfect helmet for me
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
This is a fantastic helmet. I love the compatibility with my Oakley goggles,. There was next to no fogging thanks to the airflow design of the helmet. The MIPS technology is great additional protection for falls at high speed.