Lyngen Aero100 Jacket
When there's no trace of clouds over expansive backcountry views, you might not think that you need a shell, but those cold gusts of wind that keep blasting through say otherwise. For high output ascents in clear conditions, reach into your pack and pull out the highly breathable and windproof Norrona Lyngen Aero100 Jacket. This ultralight shell will keep you protected from wind chill in alpine environments, without trapping heat or drenching you in sweat. It's made with soft yet durable Pertex Quantum fabric, which blocks the wind, lets your body heat escape, and also allows down and synthetic insulation to fully loft so you can stay warm underneath. If you do happen to run into flurries or light precip, Pertex Quantum is water-resistant to shed moisture and keep you dry.
For your constant movement up rolling hills and steep slopes, you've got constant temperature regulation with small laser-cut underarm vents cooling you off. When your tough climb gets even tougher, the front zipper quickly becomes a full mesh-lined vent from collar to hem, so you can invite that headwind in to cool you down even more. If conditions start to warm up and you find yourself cooking under the sun, you can easily stuff the jacket into its chest pocket and stow it in your pack until chilly weather returns.
- This windproof jacket is a clear-weather companion for ski touring
- Pertex shell offers windproof protection on blustery alpine summits
- Lightweight and breathable fabric also sheds lighter snowfall
- Laser-cut underarm vents offer subtle temperature regulation
- Mesh-lined front-zipper vent lets you cool down even more
- Adjustable hood works with smaller ski helmet or climbing helmet
- Entire jacket packs into chest pocket for easy storage in a pack
- Item #NRA00FT