Select style & size:Select options
Dynalock Ascent Poles
Quick to pack and light on their feet, the MSR Dynalock Ascent Poles are the perfect companions for steep skin tracks and snowy trails. Designed with backcountry skiing and snowshoe hiking in mind, they feature the ultralight strength of Kevlar-reinforced carbon, and they use MSR's Quick-deploy design when you want them stashed away. Adjustable by 20cm, DynaLock mechanisms use tool-free tensioning to guarantee that the poles stay at the length you choose. MSR equipped them with a comfortable foam grip—plus a lower grip for sidehilling—and included both summer and winter baskets for your year-round convenience.
- A fast and lightweight pair of poles for backcountry adventuring
- Ultralight carbon poles won't weigh you down on long trips
- Adjustable length comes in handy during ski tours and sidehilling
- Collapsible design fits easily in smaller packs
- Secure adjustment points include tool-free tensioning
- Comfortable grip includes lower grip for versatile use
- Baskets can be switched out according to season or conditions
- Item #CAS00E0
- Q & A
Learn about MSR Dynalock Ascent pole!
Whether you’re snowshoeing, climbing or splitboarding, MSR’s DynaLock Ascent Carbon Poles were engineered to keep you moving fast and light through the alpine.
From fast ascents to remote traverses, DynaLock Ascent Poles keep snowshoers, mountaineers and splitboarders moving quickly on mountain objectives. Built of Kevlar-reinforced carbon fiber, these ultralight poles feature a quick-deploy design, and their tiny collapsed size fits inside alpine packs and travel bags. Equipped with our DynaLock mechanism, they offer 20 cm of length adjustability, and the ability to tighten the clamping force on the fly for no-slip security—perfect whether you’re bagging volcanoes or pushing hard from first light to last.