Select style & size:Select options
Camping party of two.
You and your climbing partner have been sessioning Indian Creek for a week straight, and the Mountainsmith Lichen Peak 2-person tent has been instrumental in making your off-the-rock time especially cozy. Its large front entry door makes it easy to get in and out of the tent after a long night of post-send snacks, and the waterproof fly and vestibule protects your gear and gives you place to rest and hang out when you waited for the rock to dry out for a few days. And during those clear, calm nights, the mesh canopy makes it easy to enjoy the starry night sky without those pesky biting gnats gnawing at you all night.
- A two-person tent ideal for spring, summer, and fall camping
- Large front entry provides easy access and exit
- Cap-style fly and vestibule offers waterproof protection
- No-see-um mesh walls make for great stargazing
- Internal mesh pockets store essentials
- Footprint included to protect tent floor from wear and moisture
- Item #MOU004J
- Q & A
Not 9 feet long
- Familiarity: I returned this product before using it
This tent is much smaller than the description states. The floor is only about 7.5 feet long, not the 9 feet it says in the description. That makes a big difference if you like to bring your packs into your tent with you. The vestibule adds about 1.5 feet to the length, so maybe they mistakenly included that in the floor measurement.
Pretty cool tent
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
I have used this tent on riverbeds in Western Oregon, at 5500 feet in the Enchantments, and on the Lunch Counter of Mt. Adams. It hasn't failed me yet, in rain or wind, heat or cold. For a single-walled tent, there isn't too much condensation. I wish it was a bit lighter/less bulky, but for $90 I really can't complain. If you're looking for a cheap backpacking tent, this is a good option.