Lightweight and robust.
When you want maximum versatility from a small and lightweight package, reach for the Mountain Hardwear Superforma Jacket. Made with Mountain Hardwear's AirPerm 20D stretchy ripstop nylon this jacket offers maximum breathability that wicks moisture away from you, and with 3-layer construction it has no problems cutting through wind and shedding water with ease. To keep water from sneaking in through the cracks the jacket is built with fully sealed seams and AquaGuard Vislon water-resistant zippers, so no matter if you're out west riding champagne pow, or being pelted with wet snow in the North East, you'll find yourself dry inside.
Lightweight and packable aren't words often paired with a snow jacket, but you'll find the Superforma captures both of these characteristics in its miniscule 18oz package. The lack of weight doesn't mean lack of tech features, as the shell still comes geared up with extra-long underarm zips for dumping heat, RECCO reflector for avalanche safety, an adjustable, helmet compatible hood, and ample pocket space, but it does lack insulation. Perfect on its own for toasty spring skiing, or ideal when paired with your favorite base layer and fleece on frostier days, the shell will be happy to provide you with the coverage you need whether it's from intense UV rays, or whipping winds sending snow sideways.
- A lightweight shell to slice through winter storms
- 3-layer robust material slices through wind and snow
- Full range of motion is easy with 4-way stretch
- Naturally wicking AirPerm fabric breathes with ease
- Extra-long pit-zips offer easy heat escape
- Seal out whipping winds with helmet-compatible hood
- RECCO reflector boost safety in avalanche prone zones
- Item #MHW00YS