Mountain Hardwear changed the narrative surrounding down jackets with its ultralight Ghost Whisperer jacket, so it's no surprise the company is pushing the envelope in a new direction with its Stretchdown RS Men's Jacket. Built with a stretch fabric and welded seams to promote mobility, the Stretchdown is a mobile insulator that accommodates movement whether you're belaying on an alpine route, skiing with it under a shell on an especially cold day in the backcountry, or warming up on a boulder problem late in the climbing season.
The RS version of the Stretchdown implements a hybrid construction of a 15D Ghost Lite face fabric on the exterior, welded baffles that stretch, and a stretchy lining to maintain mobility. For insulation, the jacket utilizes a 750-fill hydrophobic down to resist moisture and maintain loft in wet and demanding conditions. Despite being ultralight, the Ghost Whisperer fabric is reliable and durable in mountain environments and repels moisture when light snow or rain starts to fall. Mountain Hardwear gave this jacket its alpine fit, which is semi-fitted through the body to reduce needless bulk and allow for easy layering under a shell when light snowfall turns to an all-out dump.
- An insulating layer for alpine climbing and backcountry skiing
- 750-fill down is hydrophobic to resist heat-robbing moisture
- Welded baffle construction and lining stretch to promote mobility
- Ghost Lite ripstop fabric is ultralight and water-resistant
- Tall collar protects neck and chin from cold temps and wind
- Alpine fit is semi-fitted in the torso for easier layering
- Item #MHW00RJ