The Mother Of All Boots: Revived.
When push comes to shove, there's no real need to conduct a complete overhaul on the beloved Women's Moab Boot. So instead, the designers at Merrell equipped with Merrell Moab 2 Mid Vent Hiking Boot with a few new features that simply improve the shoe rather than change it robustly. To start, the Moab's upper has been updated with a waterproof, performance suede that prevents moisture from infiltrating your socks. Additionally, the shoe now touts a Speed Band for torsional support and stability as you navigate varied terrain.
In keeping with the original design, a bevy of mesh inserts offer passive ventilation, while the bellowed tongue keeps debris at bay. A protective toe cap safeguards your foot from trail-side obstacles, and the M Select FIT.ECO footbed is equipped with zonal arch and heel support, as well as a Merrell Air cushion in the heel for added impact absorption. Not to mention, an EVA midsole attenuates shock and prevents foot fatigue, and the Vibram TC5+ outsole maintains subtle, yet substantial traction underfoot.
- A revised, classic hiking boot fit for long day-treks
- Suede upper is waterproof and durable
- Mesh inserts provide passive breathability
- Protective toe cap safeguards foot from obstacles
- EVA footbed and midsole attenuate shock
- Speed Band offers torsional support and rigidity
- Vibram TC5+ outsole touts 5mm lugs for traction
- Item #MER00EC
- Q & A
great mothers day gift.
- Familiarity: I gave it as a gift but have feedback to share
- Fit: True to size
got these as a gift for my mom to do various hikes in moab. run true to size and was very pleased with the breathability.