If you're looking for an all-around shell for a winter of daring escapades, don't overlook the clean, lightweight design of the Marmot Women's Spire Jacket. This sleek shell's low weight doesn't hinder the weather protection from a three-layer Gore-Tex membrane and fully taped seams. Wear it for a long day on the skintrack or for a stormy weekend exploring a new resort and you'll stay protected and dry without overheating.
Marmot understands the challenges of being active in the cold, a fact that's apparent in the thoughtful, functional touches it bestowed upon the Spire. A hood is standard on any technical shell, but the Spire's gale-force, helmet-compatible hood features an ERG adjustment system and a laminated wire brim to keep precipitation, wind, or sun out of your eyeballs. Because not every weekend will call for storm-day preparation, the Spire also comes with underarm vents and a zip-off powder skirt to equip it for sunny spring conditions. Even the hand pockets were carefully organized to sit above a pack belt or harness and are water resistant to keep your things protected.
In order to adapt to all of your winter adventures, a shell has to have specific features. For example, it has to allow freedom of mobility, so Marmot included its Angel-Wing Movement to ensure you have unhindered arm movement on a climb or technical bootpack. It also needs enough room to layer up on particularly cold days, which is why this jacket was constructed in a regular fit. And finally, when you burry your face into your jacket on the lifts up when the wind starts to blow, you want to be comfortable. If you've ever before experienced a chafed chin after a cold, wet day, you'll be grateful for the soft DriClime lined chin guard included on the Spire.
- Alpine, ski, and snowboard shell that adapts to any weather
- 3 layer Gore-Tex membrane protects against moisture and wind
- Underarm vents and breathable material prevent overheating
- Sleeve pocket accommodates resort day or annual passes
- Powder skirt zips off for versatility on spring days
- Angle-Wing Movement provides freedom of movement
- Regular fit allows for comfortable layering on cold days
- Item #MAR01HM
- Responsible Collection
- [membrane/laminate] Gore-Tex (3 layer), [face fabric] recycled polyester, DWR treatment
- fully sealed
- helmet compatible Gale-Force, laminated wire brim
- [exterior] 2 zippered high hand, 1 zippered sleeve, [interior] 1 zippered chest
- zippered underarm
- Powder Skirt
- zip out
- Claimed Weight
- 1lb 6oz
- Recommended Use
- skiing, snowboarding, casual, randonee, ski mountaineering, telemark skiing
- Manufacturer Warranty
What do you think about this product?