ROM 2.0 Hooded Jacket
From skiing corn snow in late spring to leading a group across a glacier on a clear day in Alaska, the Marmot ROM 2.0 Hooded Jacket is ready for all of your, moderate aerobic activities in cool, not-too-wet places. Marmot took the original ROM, which stands for Range Of Motion, and upgraded it with a windproof, water-resistant Gore Infinium construction to stop stiff breezes and sudden sleet in their tracks. However, it still offers plenty of breathability and mobility so you can move comfortably and freely in the mountains without exposing yourself to the elements.
- Versatile mid-layer for alpine adventures during shoulder seasons
- Gore Infinium fabric blocks wind and repels light rain
- Fabric is also breathable and stretchy for active comfort
- Athletic fit provides a modern profile and reliable mobility
- Adjustable hem, cuffs, and hood seal out the elements
- Multiple zippered pockets secure on-trail essentials
- Item #MARZ9DD
- [membrane/laminate] Gore Infinium (3-layer), [face fabric] 92% nylon, 8% elastane
- Center Back Length
- fixed with single-pull adjustment
- [external] 2 zippered hand, 1 zippered chest [internal] 1 zippered
- Claimed Weight
- 1lb 1oz
- Recommended Use
- all-mountain skiing, all-mountain snowboarding, backpacking, casual, hiking
- Manufacturer Warranty
What do you think about this product?
September 15, 2020
Not what I was hoping for
- I returned this product before using it
- Size Bought
- 5` 11"
- 153 lbs
Have been trying to find a windproof softshell but it seems like they barely exist anymore. My hopes were high this would be the one, but the windproof Gore Infinium only covers the arms, shoulders, and hood, leaving the entire torso (front and back) with your typical ultra-breathable, unlined softshell material. If that is what you want, this product will be awesome. If you are looking for a softshell on the tougher end of the softshell weatherproofing spectrum, this will not be it.
October 30, 2020
Appreciate the review, did you find something that fit your needs? I'm looking for something similar.
November 30, 2020
Thanks! You just saved me $150. Will keep looking around.