Hand-over-hand just got easier.
Great for hopping up a boulder field or digging deep halfway through a multi-pitch climb, the Marmot Women's Novus Hooded Jacket is a lightweight choice for activities that'll have you moving and sweating all day long. The synthetic Thermal R insulation is water-resistant but maintains warmth even when wet, and the AirExchange lining guarantees your core can breathe no matter how rigorous the climb or cardio gets. Plus, the light shell fabric stretches when you need it to, so your hand-over-head climbing movements won't be continually obstructed by stiff, stubborn material. Zip it up, and start sending.
- Lightweight jacket for climbing, mountaineering, and backpacking
- Thermal R synthetic insulation stays warm and resists saturation
- Shell fabric is stretchy and supports typical climbing movements
- Hood includes elastic binding to lock out the wind and rain
- AirExchange lining keeps your core ventilated and skin breathing
- Zippered pockets yield secure stowage for map, snacks, and extras
- Interior zip pocket doubles as a stuff sack to pack jacket
- Item #MAR015O
- Q & A
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
- Fit: True to size
- Size Bought: Large
- Height: 6'0"
- Weight: 156lbs
After months of ordering and returning jackets that didn't fit right, once again, Marmot has saved the day. Arcteryx and Patagonia jackets both gave me problems with fit, either arms too short or bodies too wide. I gave up, and then happened upon this jacket. It fits perfectly, with a slim body and LONG sleeves. I'm 6' tall, 155 lbs so mail order can be hard, but time and again Marmot comes through with great fit, great value and quality gear. This jacket is perfect for cool weather hiking and was water resistant in a light rain this morning. I bought this to replace an arcteryx atom lt hoody that was just a little too small for me and am thrilled with it. It is just a tad warmer and feels like it would work up into the high 60's and probably down into the 20's or less with a shell over it and the right layers under it.
- Familiarity: I returned this product before using it
Bought this for a gift, but the material of the jacket wasn't what I was looking for so ended up returning. The material was nice and it seemed like it would keep you warm in the cold, but since it wasn't what I wanted to gift I returned.
Light and VERY warm
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
- Fit: True to size
- Size Bought: Medium
- Height: 5'2"
- Weight: 140lbs
Needed a packable jacket and settled on Marmot because I love their finishes - lined hand warmer pockets etc. At first I thought this ran small and while the fit is athletic my regular size fits. There is excellent freedom of movement.