Meron HS Hooded Jacket
For waterproof and breathable protection during high alpine missions you've got the Mammut Meron HS Hooded Jacket. Designed for climbing and mountaineering, this jacket features a three-layer Gore-Tex Pro membrane, giving you the highest balance of durable waterproofing and breathable performance available. If your trek gets snowy, windy, or rainy, you'll be comfortable and dry in this jacket, especially with underarm vents for temperature control and easy ventilation. Mammut's High Reach Technology delivers unrestricted freedom of movement in the arms, ensuring that you won't be held back by your clothing when you're going for that next hold. The hood is compatible with a climbing helmet so you'll have coverage and protection if storms strike when you're on the wall, and can be easily adjusted for a tight seal against the weather. The cuffs and hem are easy to adjust with gloves on, and the high front pockets can be easily accessed with a harness on, keeping important tool and pieces of gear close by at all times.
- An alpine shell with highly waterproof and breathable protection
- Gore-Tex Pro membrane keeps you protected in extreme environments
- High Reach Technology allows for full range of motion when climbing
- Helmet-compatible hood offers coverage and vision in stormy weather
- Underarm vents let you control your temperature as you move
- Front pockets are easy to access with a harness on
- Hem is adjustable with one hand to quickly seal out the cold
- Item #MAM00VU
- [membrane/laminate] Gore-Tex Pro (3-layer), [face fabric] polyamide
- fully sealed
- helmet-compatible, adjustable
- [external] 2 chest, [internal] 1 chest
- Claimed Weight
- Recommended Use
- mountaineering, climbing, hiking, backcountry skiing & snowboarding
- Manufacturer Warranty
- 2 years
What do you think about this product?
March 23, 2020
- I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
- True to size
- Size Bought
- 5` 9"
- 200 lbs
Typical Mammut construction and fit. Gore-Tex Pro is burly and stiff. It sheds water like a duck's back side. The hood has a few adjustments that make it work not only for climbing helmets but also for other head wear like hats. I'm glad I got this in time for the spring rain and wind we've been getting. XL leaves just enough room for me to layer without being too loose. I have a muscular build 200 lbs.
March 10, 2020
Hello! This jacket looks amazingly like the Mammut Masso one I purchased in 2014. Which I love(d) as all good things come to an end. Material degradation has me looking for a new shell. Would you give insight to the pocket detail, the size of the chest pocket. Is there a small pocket around the waist area inside? Or just the one internal chest pocket? Also, what is the approx. weight of an XL. Would a XL fit well for athl. 6' 210lb. Thank you in advance. Bruce