Broad Peak IN Hooded Jacket
Once the thermostats dip and the frost settles in, there's not much the Mammut Broad Peak IN Hooded Jacket isn't good for. From casual strolls around town to the most adventurous mountaineering endeavors, this jacket will keep you warm through all of it. The 800-fill down insulation ensures high-quality, dependable warmth that's also lightweight and super packable. The body of the jacket is constructed with lightweight Pertex Quantum fabric for windproof and water-repellent protection from the elements. This fabric is also designed with Pertex Y Fuse technology to increase the downproofing of the jacket and to help water bead off more effectively, ensuring that it won't soak the insulation. The elastic hood offers a snug fit that works perfectly under a helmet, and when you're really trying to seal out the elements you adjust the hem easily with one hand to keep your warmth inside. Your hand and chest pockets are accessible when you've got a pack or harness on, and when you start to heat up or reach the end of your adventure you can stuff the jacket into its own side pocket and toss it back into your pack.
- A do-it-all down jacket for the always adventuring winter athlete
- 800-fill down gives you tons of warmth without the weight
- Pertex Quantum fabric repels water and blocks high alpine winds
- Y Fuse technology stops down from leaking and helps water bead off
- Backpack and harness compatible pockets let you access gear any time
- Elastic hood provides a snug fit when cold winds howl
- Entire jacket stuffs into side pocket and fits easily into a pack
- Item #MAM015X
- Q & A
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
- Fit: True to size
- Size Bought: M
- Height: 5'10"
- Weight: 180lbs
My go-to and absolute favorite. With the 800 fill down, it keeps me perfectly warm and not too hot on cold days. I've worn this to the office and on the trails and love it's compactness and function.
I've purchased other competitor's down jackets in the past and they just didn't fit as well. This jacket fits perfectly and doesn't limit range of motion while climbing or even golfing (I know there may be other jackets for this activity).
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
- Fit: True to size
I gave this to my dad as a gift, and he loves it. It's warm for the cold days on the mountain but also looks good enough to wear out to dinner. He says it's super warm, the length is perfect in the size medium for his 5'10" height. He plans to use this mountaineering in the future as well.