It's a valid argument.
If you think your climbing shoe is more important your approach shoe, then try wearing your climbing shoe on an approach, then take the Mammut Men's Ayako Low Approach Shoe on the same trail for comparison. Mammut made this shoe for the most demanding terrain. This sturdy approach shoe features a Gore-Tex Performance Comfort for the approaches that are difficult due to muddy terrain, splashed puddles, or even unexpected rainstorms. If the terrain itself is demanding, instead of wet weather, then Vibram's rubber sole and Mammut's triple-layer midsole keeps you moving confidently and comfortably, so much so that slipping into climbing shoes becomes more begrudged.
- Sturdy approach shoe with phenomenal protection for rugged terrain
- Gore-Tex Performance Comfort fends off weather, mud, and puddles
- Liquid Rubber reinforces leather upper from abrasion and wear
- Memory foam inserts enhance fit at ankle, shin, and instep
- Damping element made from three different densities underfoot
- Vibram rubber sole with sharp lugs for reliable traction
- Item #MAM00SM
suede leather, synthetic leather
Gore-Tex Performance Comfort
[shin, ankle, instep] memory foam
- Q & A
How can I ensure I get a 9.5 in American sizes?