It's a valid argument.
- Sturdy approach shoe with phenomenal protection for rugged terrain
- Gore-Tex Performance Comfort fends off weather, mud, and puddles
- Liquid Rubber reinforces leather upper from abrasion and wear
- Memory foam inserts enhance fit at ankle, shin, and instep
- Damping element made from three different densities underfoot
- Vibram rubber sole with sharp lugs for reliable traction
- Item #MAM00SM
- Q & A
no for general hiking
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
- Fit: True to size
- Size Bought: 10
- Height: 5'10"
- Weight: 159lbs
Sole is insanely stiff. Its like a wearing a hardcore boot without the ankle support. So when you hit a rock or stick on the trail this will take you foot and twist it.
I have had other approach shoes from salewa wildfires that were nothing like this.
I will say they are beautiful shoes and totaly waterproof. If you want a shoe that is like a tank boot then this might be the shoe for you.
I switched to only using approach shoes for hiking in Arizona and Utah awhile ago and donât think Iâll ever go back to regular hikers. Iâve had the guide tennies, Boulder X and now these. So far these are my favorite. I was hesitant to order these, because Iâd never tried on any Mammut shoes before. First inspection is this shoe is well made, high quality, great traction and nice and sticky for scrambling. Heel would slip initially but after about the first 45 mins of hiking in them, it formed to the foot and didnât slip anymore. I have a pretty wide foot and these have plenty of room. Iâve only used them once for a short 4 miler with some scrambling but Iâm impressed so far. The Sizing seems pretty accurate.
How can I ensure I get a 9.5 in American sizes?