Need advice picking the right gear for your next adventure?Talk to a Gearhead
Fool your foot.
When you're hiking hours under your own headlamp so you can see the summit at sunrise, it's a smart idea to fool your foot into thinking it's still tucked in bed, and the Mammut Women's Ayako High GTX Backpacking Boot is up to the task. Mammut's Motion Control technology includes a triple-density midsole for the support, stability, and cushioning required for the mountain's toughest trails. The boot's strong velours leather upper features a Gore-Tex Performance Comfort lining for reliable waterproofing and enhanced breathability to maintain comfort during active endeavors in inclement weather. A Vibram sole comes with a mountaineering-specific Mulaz tread for reliable traction on dirty trailheads and rocky summits.
- Sturdy, supportive hiking boot for the mountain's toughest trails
- Waterproof Gore-Tex Performance Comfort with enhanced breathability
- Strong velours leather upper with flexible textile panels
- FeetMap padding system with memory foam at ankle, shin, and instep
- Triple-density midsole with Motion Control for stability
- Vibram Mulaz sole with mountaineering-specific traction
- Item #MAM00SJ
- Q & A
- Familiarity: I returned this product before using it
Great feeling even with what look like less of a bulky chunky heel you normally see on a hiking boot. VERY roomy inside though. Felt like a winter boot that needed extra thick socks to fill all the space
Can anyone tell me how tall these boots are? I need something a little higher than your average 5" ankle hiking boot. Love the look of these!