Alvier HS Hooded Jacket
When starting up the skintrack at 6am watching the snow blow through the bubble of light from your headlamp, throw on the Mammut Alvier HS Hooded jacket and lead the pack. Gore-Tex C-Knit material provides exceptional protection from the elements high up in the alpine, and the helmet-compatible hood offers extra protection from the biting wind and shards of ice that attack your face when breaking trail up the long approach. If somehow you begin to overheat in the arctic conditions, underarm ventilation can dump heat in a flash and allow for easy temperature regulation. After reaching the summit, take a photo of the sunrise over the mountain peaks and stash your phone in one of the many pockets available. Then, connect the powder skirt and the jacket to pant connection system to prevent snow from sneaking into the jacket while carving turns in the steep and deep, and drop in.
- A ski jacket designed for spending all day in the backcountry
- Gore-Tex C-Knit material is weather-resistant and breathable
- Helmet compatible hood can be thrown on for extra weather protection
- Underarm ventilation adds temperature regulation when overheating
- Wrist gaiters lock in warmth and shut out moisture
- Removable powder skirt keeps snow from creeping in on powder days
- Jacket to pant connection works with compatible mammut products
- Item #MAM013Y
- Q & A
- Familiarity: I gave it as a gift but have feedback to share
- Height: 6'2"
- Weight: 190lbs
This jacket really does block everything. Snow, rain, and winds are all held at bay. This lets insulating mid layers do their job and keep you warm.