Like a glove.
- Aggressive climbing shoe for bolts and boulders
- Sharp downturn enhances precision and overall performance
- Thin, stretchy R2 rubber creates a sensitive platform
- Full-length midsole connects to 3D heel for additional support
- Breathable, stretchy tongue with hook-and-loop strap for secure fit
- Item #MRC001K
- Q & A
My New Go to Shoe
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
I love how versatile these shows are! Great at small foot holds, smearing, and overhangs. The toe rubber isn't noticeable when you put the shoe on, unlike other shoes I've tried in the past. the heel cup, makes heel hooking super easy in all cases. Notably stiffer than I thought they would be, but still sensitive (some how). very comfy foot bed and secure strap and upper make the shoe feel like a glove. Only complaint I had was the break in period was kinda rough.
Size of Drones HV: 7 (performance fit)
Size for La Sportive: 39.5
I Expect Good Things
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
I haven't climbed much in them yet. Would like to update in a few months after some wear and tear.
As far as fit goes--street shoe size for sure. I would be curious to see if 1/2 size up from street shoe size would still work and be slightly more comfortable on the landings.
I was worried, with the amount of rubber on top, that I wouldn't be able to get my foot in them because of my high arch, but they just barely slide in.
The downturn feels pretty good. The curve hits right at the tarsal/metatarsal joint rather than in the middle of the bones of the toes (had that trouble with some other downturned shoes).
It really does fit like a glove. There is just enough padding in the lining, but not too much. The ankle is very low-cut, as is the heel. No achilles tendon rubbing or pain.
The strap doesn't even seem necessary, but maybe with some wear it will prove useful.