The recent renaissance of lace-up cycling shoes means that commuters and spin class cyclists can now go undercover when they're off the bike with shoes like Louis Garneau's Opal Women's Cycling Shoes. The Opal's low-key style and functional tread mean it's as at home on foot as in the saddle, and the Multi Lite outsole has a bit of engineered flex to accommodate walking. The sole's nylon and fiberglass construction is still plenty stiff for mashing through intervals, though, and the two-bolt mountain-style cleat mounts keep you connected to the pedals. The last features a roomier fit than LG's race shoes, but it's still equipped with the HRS-80 heel retention system in order to ensure that comfort doesn’t come at the expense of watts lost due to a sloppy fit.
- A cycling shoe for recreational rides and spin class
- Multi Lite nylon sole is reinforced with fiberglass
- Engineered flex and functional tread aid walking
- Synthetic upper features mesh inserts for ventilation
- HRS-80 heel retention design maintains a stable fit
- Lace-up closure flies under the radar while not clipped in
- Item #LGN009O
- Q & A
Great color and style - size up
- Fit: Runs small
- Size Bought: 43
Loved everything but the sizing, so they are being returned. I wear a size 11 in the majority of shoes. The 43 in these fit me like a 10. I would have exchanged but they are not available larger. The color and style is great. Nice looking shoe.