For high vert days.
Look to La Sportiva's Spitfire 2.1 Alpine Touring Ski Boot for your all-around ski mountaineering and speed touring pursuits. The Spitfire is surprisingly stiff on the downhill, considering how flexible and light it feels on the uphill. The shell consists of a low-profile Grilamid outer for ultralight durability, and features a carbon-reinforced polymer cuff to keep the boot stiff for the descent. The cuff also gives the Spitfire a killer 68-degree range of motion, resulting in plenty of agility while climbing on ice and rock or skinning up steep switchbacks.
La Sportiva equipped the Spitfire with a Speedfire closure system that allows quick and efficient adjustment from walk to ski mode. Inside the boot, you have a removable SkiMo thermo-moldable liner and WarmSole insert, which make the Spitfire one of the warmest two-buckle boots on the market. Despite a relatively wide last, a 2BT Tech Heel minimizes the volume around your heel for a precise fit, too, because nothing's worse than slopping around inside your boot when you're trying to lay down aggressive turns in mixed snow.
- A lightweight ski boot for racing or big objectives
- 100 flex performs well on the descent
- Roomy 102mm last accommodates wide feet
- Grilamid shell is lightweight and stiff
- 68-degree range of motion in walk mode allows for efficient strides
- SkiMo liner is heat-moldable for a custom fit
- WarmSole insert is perfect for bone-chilling days
- Speedfire closure system is quick and easy to adjust
- Item #LSP00E5