Why We Like The Spire GTX Hiking Shoe
The La Sportiva Spire GTX Hiking Shoe offers the performance, durability, and protection we need for rugged peak-bagging day hikes and fast-moving backpacking trips. This versatile hiking shoe features Gore-Tex Surround technology, which not only offers waterproof protection in the lining and upper, but delivers effective draining for multi-dimensional dryness on the trail. One of the only pitfalls of a waterproof shoe is that although waterproof membranes keep water out, they also keep water in when creek crossings and other mishaps leave them soaking wet from the inside. The Spire GTX solves this problem by incorporating aeration channels within the footbed and midsole, as well as drainage ports towards the bottom of the shoe, giving a fully waterproof construction that continues to keep our feet dry when the unexpected happens.
- Hiking shoe prepares us for changing terrain and conditions
- GORE-TEX Surround technology offers all-around waterproofing
- Special aeration channels in the midsole accommodate easy draining
- Vibram XS Trek outsole grips on wet rock, slick mud, and dry dirt
- Cushioned footbed and midsole keep feet comfortable on long hikes
- Breathable and durable upper regulates temperature on warm days
- STB control system ensures a snug fit and a stable ride
- Item #LSP00JS
- Upper Material
- abrasion-resistant mesh, Nano-Cell 2.0, PU toe cap and heel counter
- GORE-TEX Surround
- Ortholite insole
- compression-molded EVA, TPU inserts
- Vibram XS Trek
- Claimed Weight
- (single) 15.5oz
- Recommended Use
- backpacking, hiking
- Manufacturer Warranty
- 1 year
What do you think about this product?
September 18, 2020
- I've used it several times
- True to size
- Size Bought
- 5` 5"
- 160 lbs
Felt quite heavy for trail walking compared to other shoes I had been using. I do about 4-5 miles of hiking trail everyday in the nearby state park, but didn't feel very good about the shoe especially felt kind of drag on the feet.
August 14, 2020
comfortable shoes with bad durability
- I've put it through the wringer
- Size Bought
- EU 43
- 5` 7"
- 160 lbs
i have hiked a lot of miles in these super comfortable shoes over the past year. i have really enjoyed how well they fit my feet. but their lack of durability is very annoying. the mesh in the front has ripped in a few places, compromising the shoes' water resistance. i dont feel comfortable taking them on any serious backcountry expedition because my feet are pretty guaranteed to get wet if there's any water crossing.