Spire GTX Hiking Shoe
Whether you're taking on rugged peak-bagging day hikes or fast-moving backpacking trips, the La Sportiva Spire GTX Hiking Shoe offers the performance, durability, and protection you need when you're exploring tough terrain. This versatile waterproof shoe features Gore-Tex Surround technology, which not only offers waterproof protection in the lining and upper, but delivers effective draining for multi-dimensional dryness on the trail. One of the only pitfalls of a waterproof shoe is that although waterproof membranes keep water out, they also keep water in when creek crossings and other mishaps leave them soaking wet from the inside. The Spire GTX solves this problem by incorporating aeration channels within the footbed and midsole, as well as drainage ports towards the bottom of the shoe, giving you a fully waterproof construction that continues to keep your feet dry when the unexpected happens.
With this shoe you'll be prepared for changing weather in more ways than one thanks to the Vibram XS Trek outsole, which provides dependable traction and grip on wet, dry, soft, and firm surfaces alike. The outsole also has an Impact Braking System to ensure control on technical downhills. The shoe itself is highly durable due to the abrasion-resistant mesh, and features Nano Cell 2.0 technology to deliver maximum breathability on grueling hikes in warmer weather.
- Waterproof shoe that's prepared for changing terrain and conditions
- Gore-Tex surround technology combats falling rain to keep feet dry
- Special aeration channels in the midsole accommodate easy draining
- Vibram XS Trek outsole grips on wet rock, slick mud, and dry dirt
- Cushioned footbed and midsole keep feet comfortable on long hikes
- Breathable and durable upper regulates temperature on warm days
- STB control system ensures a snug fit and a stable ride
- Item #LSP00JS