Why We Like The La Sportiva Makalu Mountaineering Boot
La Sportiva's Makalu Mountaineering Boot delivers peak performance with classic style, whether we're grabbing one of the tallest summits in the world or trekking into the backcountry under a heavy pack. The full-length steel shank and resilient cushioning stabilize and soften our steps, keeping our feet spry and morale high as we push through grit-building conditions. When ice tries to stand in our way, the rugged sole bites hard and welcomes crampons.
- Traditional mountaineering boot for rugged missions
- Leather upper delivers durability and extreme water resistance
- Removable EZ Flex tongue doesn't pinch or bunch
- Step-in crampon compatibility for glacier travel
- Burly mountain-ready sole delivers hardwearing traction
- Flexible midsole provides long-lasting shock absorption
- Steel shank stabilizes your stride over technical terrain
- Item runs small, so we recommend sizing up for best fit
- Item #LSPZ2FW
- Upper Material
- [face fabric] Idro-Perwanger roughout leather, [rand] Vibram rubber
- 8mm MtnFlex
- SBR Aircushion, 1.5mm Dacromet-coated full steel shank
- Skywalk MPE
- mountaineering single boot
- Crampon Compatibility
- Claimed Weight
- [single] 2lb 2.6oz
- Manufacturer Warranty
- 1 year
- mountaineering, backpacking
4 based on 2 ratings
Fits Slightly SmallScreen reader users: the following list provides a visual scale to illustrate the product fit. Please refer to the heading above for the fit type in text.
What do you think about this product?
ViewSelecting an option will reload the available reviews on the page
August 7, 2023
I do a lot of hiking at work and used them every day for 4 year. I am gonna retire them and buy a new pair. Highly recommended.
February 2, 2023
Not like the originals
I ordered these for my wife to replace an old pair. The sizing is about a 1/2 size small which is normal. There are some differences from the original. The deal breaker is that the tongue of the boot is removable and secured only to the boot by velcro. It’s padding does not taper toward the toe causing a wired bulge and potential issue. It is unfortunate as these boots otherwise are great and the other changes are positive like the capped toe.
Need Expert Advice?
Our Gearheads Can Help