Why We Like The Aequilibrium Top GTX Mountaineering Boot
The Aequilibrium Top GTX Mountaineering Boot harmonizes ultralight comfort and durability to keep us moving fast over mixed, technical terrain. We fight off fatigue and steadily trek downhill with the help of La Sportiva's new Double Heel design, while the high-cushion midsole provides superior impact absorption.
- Lightweight mountaineering boot for exploring in all four seasons
- GORE-TEX lining provides waterproof and breathable protection
- Midsole insert accommodates hybrid crampons when you need them
- Vibram Mont rubber sole for high-performance traction
- Double Heel reduces fatigue and provides better downhill braking
- Honey-Comb Guard provides abrasion resistance in high-wear areas
- Built-in ergonomic gaiter to keep out trail debris
- Item #LSPZ29S
- Upper Material
- stretch Honey-Comb Guard,TPU mudguard shield, TPU heel and toe caps
- GORE-TEX Performance Comfort
- [inner boot] differentiated lacing with BOA closure system, [lace cover] zipper
- aequilibrium, medium
- hybrid carbon-nylon weave
- high-cushion PU inserts, Rubber Guard side wall
- Vibram Mont rubber compound with impact brake system
- double boot
- Crampon Compatibility
- midsole thermoplastic-polyurethane insert for rear crampon attachment, crampon not included
- Claimed Weight
- 1lb 7oz
- Manufacturer Warranty
- 1 year
2.5 based on 2 ratings
Fits SmallScreen reader users: the following list provides a visual scale to illustrate the product fit. Please refer to the heading above for the fit type in text.
What do you think about this product?
ViewSelecting an option will reload the available reviews on the page
August 18, 2022
Light and Capable
- Size Bought:
- 6' 3"
They feel light, you can still kick in to medium to soft stuff and put your weight into them, and they protect your feet enough for fast shale descents and a little rocky mayhem… Even if barely. Zippers are a pain but I got used to them. Just spent seven days in them in Alaska, still holding up good. I used them for a quick trip in early may and my feet got cold but that could have been partially the fit/sock problem. Feet staid warm on this most recent august trip though.
December 25, 2021
Poor Zipper Quality
- I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
- Size Bought:
- USM 11
Poor quality on the zipper, it got stuck from the first use. It took me almost 10 minutes to unblock the zipper in freezing weather and it no longer works. I had better expectations of a brand like La Sportiva.
Need Expert Advice?
Our Gearheads Can Help
February 8, 2022
Does this version have a fully rigid sole or is it not fully rigid like the other models of this boot?
This product can expose you to chemicals including PFAS which is known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.