Hydrus 3.0 Stoke Dry Top
You dropped a boatload for your new expedition kayak. While resources may be limited, you still have enough for the Kokatat Men's Hydrus 3L Stoke Dry Top. Now you can actually put your boat in the water—and paddle it, too!—without fear of succumbing to hypothermia within minutes. Kokata's proprietary waterproof and breathable triple-layer fabric, Hydrus, is designed to keep you dry from both sweat and spray without leaving you financially sunk. Go ahead and explore the caves along the shores of Lake Superior this fall, knowing you're safe from sprinkles of either lake or rain water.
Hydrus 3L is a hat trick of waterproof, breathable materials magic. The nylon shell gets a boost of water repellency from the DWR coating. The middle layer gets bathed in a micro-porous polyurethane coating so sweat moves to the surface while preventing surf from sneaking in. The polyester inner layer feels sweet against your skin at the same time it wicks away your kayaking-created sweat. The end result is you stay dry and comfortable from the moment your boat hits the water until you're draining the last drops of your post-paddle celebratory drink.
Latex neck and wrist gaiters all but guarantee water won't be creeping up your arms or breathing down your neck. You can trim the neck gaiter for a fit that still allows bloodflow, but you'll wreck this top if you take a knife to your wrist ... gaskets. Superstretch neoprene overcuffs and collar add a bit of insulation while simultaneously guarding the gaskets. The outer skirt uses two hook-and-loop tabs to attach to your boat's spray skirt to minimize the amount of water entering the cockpit. An inner tunnel gets cinched down with a bungee drawcord. The self-draining chest pocket is the perfect place to stash your keys, thanks to an attached lanyard.
- Optimal top keeps you dry when you're stoked on kayaking
- Hydrus 3L fabric, fully taped seams for waterproofing
- Nylon shell, DWR treatment that keeps the wet and cold out
- Knit polyester inner layer for maximum comfort
- Superstretch neoprene self-draining overcuffs and collar for efficiency
- Dual-adjustable outer skirt, hook-and-loop compatible neoprene
- Inner tunnel, bungee drawcord at waist for adjustability ease
- Item #KOK000G
- [shell] nylon, DWR coating, [membrane/laminate] polyurethane micro-porous coating, [inner layer] polyester
- fully sealed
- 1 zippered chest
- Recommended Use
- Manufacturer Warranty
What do you think about this product?
March 16, 2018
Great dry top
- I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
Bought this dry top for sea kayaking in Georgia. Kept me dry and warm and is comfortable to wear. The neck is exceedingly tight even after the attempted stretching so I will have to trim it. I bought a men’s large so I can layer and it works well (5’7” 155 lbs) .
September 8, 2015
Killer Dry Top
- I've used it several times
Used it on several trips to the river. Fits great. Comfortable and keeps me dry.