Targhee III Waterproof Leather Hiking Shoe
The Keen Men's Targhee III Waterproof Leather Hiking Shoe is redesigned for greater resiliency against scuffs on the trail and waterproof comfort through shallow creek crossings and rainstorms when you're miles from the nearest shelter. It retains the full- grain leather uppers, sourced from an LWG-certified tannery for less environmental impact in the manufacturing process and outstanding quality of the leather itself.
Keen then impregnates the leather with its Dry waterproof, breathable membrane to keep out heavy torrents of rain, sopping-wet environments, and shallow creek crossings you're bound to encounter on the trail. Best of all, this construction is highly breathable, so your feet won't succumb to excess perspiration and overheating when you're moving fast in warmer weather.
Looking beyond the uppers, the Targhee III employs a lightweight ESS shank for a bit more stability and rock protection underfoot, but without being overly stiff and bulky like those found in heavier backpacking boots. The dual-density EVA midsole absorbs uneven terrain surfaces without imposing tiring fatigue on your feet. And because grip is an essential quality of any hiking shoe, it's packing Keen's all-terrain rubber sole that tread over rocks and roots with sure-footed authority.
- Rugged hiking shoe with waterproof protection and impressive grip
- Full-grain leather uppers sourced from an LWG-certified tannery
- KEEN.Dry waterproof membrane keeps out heavy rain and moisture
- Sweat-wicking mesh lining alleviates overheating issues
- Lightweight ESS shank provides extra stability underfoot
- Dual-density EVA midsole absorbs uneven terrain surfaces
- Keen all-terrain rubber sole grips over rocks and roots
- Item #KEN00G2
- Upper Material
- full-grain leather (from LWG-certified tannery), leather mud shield, rubber toe bumper
- KEEN.Dry waterproof, breathable membrane
- breathable mesh
- removable, dual-density EVA
- lightweight ESS shank, dual-density EVA cushioning
- KEEN all-terrain rubber
- Recommended Use
- Manufacturer Warranty
- 1 year
What do you think about this product?
June 5, 2018
Good shoe, not a star
- I've put it through the wringer
This is a good, well-rounded shoe, but nothing jumps out as extra special. There is okay arch support and moderate cushion. It runs slightly small, but not small enough to warrant a size increase. This is a bit odd because there is not a fix, just a slightly tighter fit. Laced up the top of the shoe is a bit tight. All of that said, this is a pretty good hiking shoe. It is too heavy for even slight running, but the sturdiness and waterproof aspects are an understandable trade-off for agility.
May 8, 2018
Color is way off whatâs advertised-
I have loved doing business with backcountry but very disappointed in this purchase for Keen Targhee II. Color is way darker than web site photo
October 22, 2019
What was the actual color you ordered here?