Select your style & size:Select options
Surf the frozen wave.
Sometimes you just feel like surfing and slashing your way down the mountain, even when it hasn't snowed in days. The K2 Eighty Seven Snowboard was designed for taking a surf-inspired approach to the entire mountain, whether you're throwing up waves of cold smoke during a bottomless pow day or spinning off slushy sidehits in the spring.
It starts with Volume Shift, which makes the waist wider in order to allow you to ride a board 5-7cm shorter than you normally would, without losing any surface area. This means it still floats well in the deep stuff and offers a nimble feel when weaving through trees or surfing slush. It also lets you get barreled on your carves when riding hardpack, with no fear of toedrag slowing you down.
Camber in the middle of the board makes it poppy and responsive, while rocker at the tips gives it a less grabby feel and enhances float in pow. The tapered directional shape and set-back stance keeps the nose up when things get seriously deep. Bamboo in the core yields a lightweight feel that's exceptionally strong, and strategically-placed carbon ensures quick edge-to-edge transitions and impressive edge hold. If you enjoy treating the mountain like one big white wave, then the Eighty Seven was made for you.
- Surf-inspired feel for any terrain
- Wide waist width allows you to downsize 5-7cm
- Camber with rocker tips for a poppy, forgiving feel
- Tapered directional shape floats in powder
- Carbon-blended fiberglass enhances response
- Bamboo makes core lightweight and strong
- Carbon Web II improves edge hold and ollie pop
- Sintered base holds wax well and resists damage
- Item #K2S009B