Why We Like The Ibis Ripley AF Mountain Bike Frame
When it comes to value, it's hard to beat the Ibis Ripley AF Mountain Bike Frame when we're building out our next short-travel trail ripper. Thanks to 120mm of efficient and capable DW-Link travel, the Ripley AF is ideal for a wide array of riders and usages. It's efficient enough for high-mileage downcountry rides in the Colorado backcountry yet forgiving enough to be the perfect choice for a beginner or intermediate rider. The magic of DW-Link suspension delivers unparalleled rear-wheel traction for clambering up tricky climbs, plus it tracks predictably in corners and loose terrain for descending confidence. The Ripley AF comes in with a balanced 66.5-degree head tube angle, reflecting modern slackness without going over the top, preserving that maneuverability we love.
Ibis brings such incredible value with this frame thanks to its aluminum construction, which is slightly heavier than carbon but offers a forgiving ride that dampens vibrations from the trail. Internal cable routing, optional ISCG-05 tabs, and a chainstay protector are all included for even more value. The Fox Performance Float DPS air shock provides a wide range of adjustments allowing us to fine-tune the suspension feel to suit our riding style and preferred terrain. Ibis designed the Ripley AF around 29in wheels for their enhanced rolling efficiency and ability to carry momentum over square-edge steps, protruding boulders, and tricky angled roots. Whether we're looking for our first trail bike or just trying to fall in love again with our daily after-work loop, the Ibis Ripley AF Mountain Bike Frame is the perfect starting point for our next short-travel build.
*Due to a high demand in the global supply chain and bike industry since the start of the pandemic, material weight and exact components are subject to change. We are working diligently to keep tech specs updated, and any adjustments will be of equal or better spec level. If you have any questions, reach out to a Gearhead by chatting online or calling 1-888-276-7130.
- Nimble short-travel trail bike frame delivers incredible value
- Aluminum construction is compliant to soak up trail vibrations
- 120mm of DW-Link suspension offers traction on climbs and descents
- Fox Performance Float DPS shock supports aggressive pedaling
- Built around 29in wheels to roll through technical terrain with ease
- Threaded bottom bracket ensures a squeak-free ride
- Designed around a 44mm offset fork for precise handling
- All sizes accept a long dropper post to accommodate a wide variety of riders
- Item #IBSB0AB
- Frame Material
- Wheel Size
- Rear Shock
- Fox Performance Float DPS
- Rear Travel
- [recommended] 44mm offset
- Fork Travel
- [recommended] 130mm
- Head Tube Diameter
- 1-1/8 - 1-1/2in tapered
- [upper] ZS44, [lower] ZS56
- Headset Included
- Bottom Bracket Type
- English / BSA threaded
- ISCG Tabs
- ISCG-05 tab mount sold separately
- Cable Routing
- Brake Type
- post-mount disc, 160 - 203mm rotor
- Seatpost Diameter
- Rear Axle
- 12 x 148mm Boost
- Tire Clearance
- 26 x 2.6in
- chainstay protector, downtube protector
- Claimed Weight
- 7lb 6.4oz
- cross-country, trail
- Manufacturer Warranty
What do you think about this product?
ViewSelecting an option will reload the available reviews on the page
Sorry, we don’t currently have any of those types of reviews for this product.
Need Expert Advice?
Our Gearheads Can Help