Elevation Shell 2.0 Jacket
If you're looking for a shell that can handle everything from long expeditions in the backcountry to frigid days at the resort, then you'll love the Helly Hansen Elevation Shell 2.0 Jacket. It's ready for stormy weather with a three-layer waterproof fabric, and has tons of breathability for skintrack climbs and summit bootpacks. On colder days you'll be able to stay plenty warm thanks to the removable insulated vest, which features reliable Primaloft insulation and a 3D-mesh body for comfort and breathability. Dump heat after long hikes and heart-pumping runs with the zippered underarm vents, and keep the snow out with a snap-away powder skirt and thumbhole wrist-gaiters. This jacket also comes with an insulated Life Pocket, designed to keep your phone or camera from losing its juice in the cold, as well as lots of other pockets on the inside and out to hold gear and snacks. To round everything out there's a helmet-compatible hood with a high-visibility brim to help you weather the storm.
- This versatile jacket takes on resort rides and backcountry missions
- Waterproof and breathable fabric keeps you dry on stormy days
- Insulated vest is removable for any-day versatility
- Underarm vents let in cool air when you start to heart up
- Powder skirt and wrist gaiters keep out the snow when it gets deep
- Insulated Life Pocket keeps your phone from losing battery
- Helmet-compatible hood keeps you dry and offers full visibility
- Item #HYH00PC
- Q & A
Great fit, true to size
- Familiarity: I gave it as a gift but have feedback to share
- Fit: True to size
Great fitting jacket and is true to size. Although it is only a shell, it is still warm and retains heat very well. The zippers and pockets are well made with quality materials which you’d expect for the price. Standard armpit vents and enough pockets for all your goodies. Additionally, the “life pocket” is insulated to keep your phone warm so the cold doesn’t kill the battery... Waiting for some big pow days to test out the powder skirts.
A insulated vest is included. I don’t know if I will use the inner vest, but it is a nice addition for very cold days or when you don’t want to put tons of layers on. It fits well and comforms nicely to the body.
Lastly, The one cargo pocket on the chest is a fake pocket which is a little disappointing as it would be the perfect spot to hold a meat stick or pocket bacon....