Select style & size:Select options
An exercise in precision.
It takes a steady hand and a lot of patience to land finicky trout on small streams, and it takes an equally refined touch to craft a reel as lightweight and performance-focused as the Hardy Ultralite FWDD Fly Reel. Its minimalist design combines a sleek appearance with an ultralight construction to balance perfectly with the lightweight fly rods you'll want to use when you're fishing small creeks and streams. Even though Hardy was hell-bent on designing an ultralight reel, it wasn't prepared to sacrifice drag performance, so it added a super-smooth Rulon Drag that's capable of putting a pound of pressure on wild trout that will undoubtedly head to the closest log the moment they take your fly.
- A lightweight reel optimized for small creeks and streams
- Machined construction with a sleek, minimalist design
- Smooth Rulon Disc drag system with 340° adjustable drag
- Push-on, push-off interchangeable spool system
- Hardy has been crafting fly fishing reels since 1891
- Item #HDY001B
- Q & A
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
This is the first reel I have really used the drag system on, I have always fought most fish with the line rather than the reel. The drag system is easy to use and adjust while fighting fish. The combo with the light weight rod and reel is a treat!
Hardy FWDD Reel Video
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
Hardy FWDD reel video. Featherweight disk drag . Super light, disk drag.