Complicated to explain, easy to ride.
The mad scientists at Gnu are once again redefining our notions of what a snowboard should look like with the Zoid Snowboard. Designed to make snowboarding feel as natural and effortless as possible, the Zoid is a pure joy to carve thanks to its unique shape and precisely-calculated geometry.
By now you've surely heard about asymmetric sidecuts that compensate for your naturally weaker heelside turns. Well, not only did Gnu invent that, but they've taken it a step further with the Zoid by making the board directional instead of a twin. This means that you have to choose between Goofy or Regular when buying this board depending on your stance. So, "what's the benefit of all this," you ask? It means that initiating turns, laying out carves, and holding edges feels more natural, easy, and (most importantly) more fun than on any other snowboard you've ever ridden.
Though, you don't have to just take our word for it—instead ask Blake Paul, Nico Mueller, or Forest Bailey and they'll all tell you the same thing: that Zoids are unreal. Rocker between the bindings gives the board a forgiving feel on hardpack and helps it float in powder, while camber under the inserts out to the tips offers pop, power, and reliable edge hold. Speaking of edge hold, Magne-Traction serrated edges create multiple extra contact points for insane grip on icy slopes. The lightweight core features aspen for strength, with poplar at the toe edge to keep things crisp and polonia on the heel for a responsive feel. The Sintered Knife Cut base keeps you moving fast and holds up against abuse sustained from hidden rocks and log rides. Plus, the Zoid is made in the USA by snowboarders with jobs, so you know it's good.
- Intuitive performance that takes your carving to a new level
- Asymmetrical directional shape is in tune with your body
- Rocker between bindings adds float while camber has pop and power
- Lightweight wood core offers pop and strength without the weight
- Magne-traction edges grip hardpack and icy trails
- Bio Beans topsheet replaces toxic plastics
- Biax and triax composite offers flex and response when you need it
- Gnu progresses snowboarding while keeping it weird and fun
- Item #GNU004Y
- C2 BTX (camber with rocker between bindings)
- asymmetrical twin
- Effective Edge
- 1190 / 1170mm
- Waist Width
- Sidecut Radius
- 8.2 / 8m
- Stance Width
- 20.25 - 25in
- Stance Setback
- aspen, Columbian gold, ASYM paulownia alloy
- triax glass, biax glass
- Knife Cut (sintered)
- Recommended Use
- all-mountain riding
- Manufacturer Warranty
- 1 year
What do you think about this product?
ViewSelecting an option will reload the available reviews on the page
Sorry, we don’t currently have any of those types of reviews for this product.
Need Expert Advice?
Our Gearheads Can Help